Friday 18 November 2011

2 Weeks In and Feeling Pretty Darn Good!

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.  ~Plato

It has been 2 weeks since my first co-training session at The Motion Room.  Since then I have had 4 more co-training sessions (with another tonight) and have attended 4 Re-Energizer Boot Camps.

I was (or am?) an athlete so it hasn't been too difficult to get back into the groove of training.  I was surprised at how strong I still was during my first co-training session and even added weight and reps during my second session.

I am excited to continue on this path of good health but have to admit that with the upcoming holiday season, do feel a bit anxious over finding the time to train.  This past week was an example of what I have in store starting November 28.

I had three HUGE events.  I slept thru my training on Monday.  I was so exhausted from the weekend and just wanted to grab a few winks before I headed to the gym.  Next thing I knew, it was 8:30pm.  Tuesday I had to work from 10am-12am.  I attempted Wednesday morning boot camp at 6am and felt so sick and faint - I left after two rounds.  What did I learn?

A)  Do not go to the gym on only 4 hours of sleep.
B)  I am NOT a morning gym person

Yesterday I had to work from 11am-2am so the gym was out of the question so today I will have my first co-training of the week and tomorrow I will do a boot camp.  I am worried that all the time off will have stunted my progress or that I will have regressed but I am trying to stay positive :)

All-in-all, I am pretty stoked on the gym and have rediscovered my love of training!  I feel SO GOOD after a hard training session. I will keep y'all posted on my progress.

xo M

No comments:

Post a Comment